What is a Certificate of Eligibility?

Foreign nationals living outside Japan must apply for a Certificate of Eligibility for a specific status of residence before they come to Japan.

What documents are required to apply for the Certificate of Eligibility?

We will need the application form, along with a scan of your passport page, most up-to-date C.V, copy of your diploma (bachelor’s or above) and a recent photograph of yourself.

How long will the VISA acquisition process take?

The process can take up to 3 months, although there are cases in which there may be unexpected delays.

How long is the contract?

The contract period is for 1 year.

Is the contract renewable?

The contract is renewable upon mutual agreement by the employer and employee.

When will I hear about my placement?

Placements are decided upon according to our hiring needs and will be given during initial training, although in certain cases the placement may be chosen earlier.

Do I need experience to teach with YSG?

Experience is not a requirement, although experience working with children/in education is beneficial.

Do you provide training for new teachers?

We provide extensive 2-3 week training which offers both theoretical and practical, hands-on elements.

Where will training take place?

Lecture and role-play based sessions will take place in an outside facility in the Tokyo/Kanagawa area, and On-the-job-training will take place in one of our established schools in the Tokyo/Kanagawa.

Will training be paid?

Yes, training is fully-paid

Does YSG provide housing/accommodation?

In most cases, housing support is available.

How much money should I bring to Japan?

We recommend that you bring at least \500,000 ($5000) to take care of initial costs and getting set up in Japan. Instructors may not receive a full paycheck until their second month in Japan.

Can I use my credit card in Japan?

Please check with your provider as to whether you can use your card in Japan. Please be aware that many places, especially small shops and restaurants do not accept cards of any kind. Japan is still very much a cash-based society, so it is always a good idea to carry money with you wherever you go.

iKidsStar School Map

iKidsStar Senkawa
3-10-9 Senkawacho Choufu-shi Tokyo
iKidsStar Shiyurigaoka
1-1-2 Manpukuji Aso-ku Kanagawa